Pálos Mill at Zalamerenye
A watermill was reconstructed where the towns of Zalamerenye and Zalakaros meet. The reconstruction work finished in 2015 august.
The mill was first mentioned in the 1400's and it was owned by the Pálos Monastery of Örményes. After the dissolution of the Pálos monasticism the ownership went to the metropolitan of Veszprém and then from 1888 it was privately owned. The last owner of themill was Gyula Zsohár.
The millground was inhabited till the 1960's, but unfortunately it started to decay slowly.
The mill was reconstructed in the image of it's 1903 glory. The main elements of the mill are the two watermill-wheels, the refiner and the millstoneduct. The mill is now working and is able to produce flour. Inside of the building the walls are decorated with many documents aswell as objects that were used back then.
The mill is now under private ownership and the owners welcome any visitors. There is no admission fee or opening times. If the door is open then you are more than welcome to come in, if it isn’t then please make an appointment with us by either calling, sending an e-mail or contacting us via facebook.
- Katalin Szabadicsné Madaras: +36 30 277 5257
- Attila Szabadics: +36 30 348 5068
- E-mail: email@example.com